Welcome to the CNUR 465/466: Topics in Nursing Research Guide. This guide will introduce you to resources that may help you with your assignments and projects.
Click through the tabs for information on using books and eBooks, journals and databases, web resources, and more. If you need assistance, please visit the Help tab.
The capstone course is designed to provide students with a culminating learning experience that reinforces, integrates, and synthesizes knowledge gained through general education and nursing coursework. Emphasis is on actively engaging students to identify questions of concern in professional nursing practice and foster students' ability to systematically answer these important questions through an empirical observation. The course is completed in small groups over the students' final two semesters of the program. The goals of CNUR 465 include group process, question identification, proposal development, instrument identification, and obtaining Institutional Review Board approval. The goals of CNUR 466 include data collection, data analysis, and completion of the written research report. Dissemination of research findings from capstone project will be completed through both an oral presentation and a poster display.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Integrate general education and nursing concepts into scholarly work.
2. Synthesize nursing standards, theory, and evidence-based findings into the research project.
3. Exemplify written and oral communication skills.
4. Evaluate the application of the research findings to professional nursing practice.
5. Facilitate the dissemination of research findings.
6. Illustrate the leadership skills of the professional nurse.