Welcome to the CNUR 445: Research in Nursing Guide. This guide will introduce you to resources that may help you with your assignments and projects.
Click through the tabs for information on using books and eBooks, journals and databases, web resources, and more. If you need assistance, please visit the Help tab.
This course emphasizes the role of research in developing evidence-based nursing practice. Students will explore the principles of systematic method of inquiry and the application of clinical thinking, group process, and decision-making skills. The course focuses on the ways research influences decisions in nursing and nursing care. As consumers of research, students will have an opportunity to critique current research for applicability to professional nursing practice. As novice producers of research, students will work in groups to develop a research proposal of value to nursing. (Open to licensed RNs; Prerequisite: NURS 340, 342, 343, and 345. Offered each term as needed.)
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Understand the role of the nurse researcher within a multidisciplinary team;
2. Incorporate clinical thinking, group process, and decision-making skills into the research process;
3. Evaluate research findings used in the development of evidence-based practice guidelines;
4. Communicate effectively between and among the members of the research team;
5. Integrate research findings into the practice of nursing;
6. Develop research proposals to study the health and well-being of individuals, families, and communities.